Thursday, January 15, 2015

DIY Essential Oil Roll-Ons

Learning about essential oils has been an eye opening experience for me.  One of my favorite oils is Thieves.  It is a blend of Clove, Lemon, Cinnamon, Eucalyptus and Rosemary.  It smells wonderful and helps to support the immune system.  One of the first things I did with my oils was to make Roll-ons of the oils I used daily.  Roll-ons are an easy way to apply the oils without having to mix an oil and carrier oil each time you want to use it.  It also helps my oils to last a little bit longer. 

We apply our Thieves roll-on to our feet every night during cold and flu season.  I also diffuse it to help eliminate airborne bacteria.  It is highly effective in supporting the immune system and good health.  There is a whole line of products that uses the thieves oil for home and personal use if you are interested. 


Above is what my Roll-ons look like.  I just put a label from my label maker on there so I know what's inside.  The essential oil bottle tells you how much to dilute with a carrier oil for topical use.  If the bottle says 1 drop essential oil to 3 drops carrier oil.  I  put 2/3 fractionated coconut oil and about 20-25 drops of essential oil.  You can do this with any oils that you want a more convenient way to put it on.

The PanAway Essential Oil is what I use when my lower back is bothering me.  I like that it doesn't have that "icy" feeling like some creams do, and it's all natural.  There is a roll-on made by Young Living called Deep Relief, but I'm a big wimp and find it too strong.  It has that icy feeling if you like that.  My husband loves it for sore muscles, but I only use it if I'm really hurting.  I prefer the PanAway for minor aches and soreness.  

I get the 1/3 oz Blue Roll-on Vials here:  Abundant Health
I get the 1 lb. bottle of Fractionated Coconut Oil here:  Bulk Apothecary

Keep in  mind, I am NOT a doctor.  I am only stating how I use these oils for my personal use.  I provide the links throughout my post so that you can go and explore on your own and find out if it is something that you would be interested in using.  Consult a doctor for any medical issues.








No comments: